pleasant grove high school newspaper, texarkana, tx

edge

edge

edge

How To: Check Your Tire Pressure

Incorrect pressure can lead to ruined tires, increased gas consumption, and up to a 30% higher chance of hydroplaning in rainy conditions. But how do you fix it? Continue reading for a step by step tutorial.

Step one- Determine which tire is having problems, and whether you need to remove or add air. Most newer car models will tell you exactly which tire is the issue.

Step two- Drive carefully to somewhere with an air pump available (Walmart on Richmond road has one, as well as most car washes around town.)

Step three- Head to your driver’s side door and look at the sticker inscription on the inside, it has information about the size dimensions and pressure of your tires, as well as your vehicle’s weight limit.

Step four- Walk over to the air pump and select the plus or minus button. Minus to lower the tire pressure, and plus to increase tire pressure. You can pay via card or quarters.

Step five- Loosen the green valve on the tire you wish to change the pressure on, and insert the pump on the valve to begin filling or removing air.

Step six- Remove the pump and return it to its designated spot, re-attach the valve.